This website is generously hosted by the School of Computer Science and IT at RMIT University.
||Fixed a bug in example.order.3.php from page 440 of the book. The two
SQL queries needed the additional clause "AND cust_id = -1". Thanks to Riyad for this one.
I've updated the archives.
||Hugh's email has changed. Details here
|Prior to 2 June 2003
||Older news is archived here.
- Use and view the examples from the book (these work with PHP 4.0)
- Use the online winestore application (book version that works with PHP 4.0). - REMOVED
- Download all of the PHP 4.0 code from the book in a tar gzip [.tar.gz] archive or as a zip file. Follow these brief instructions (Archives last updated 11 June 2003)
- Download the winestore database as a gzip or zip file. Please note: the file is really gzip-ed -- it is your browser that's decompressing it after retrieval. (Archives last updated 23 September 2002)
- Read the book reviews
- Visit O'Reilly's book errata page
Source code examples for Web Database Applications are covered by the following agreement.
Unless otherwise stated, the source code distributed with the book can be
redistributed in source or binary form so long as an acknowledgment appears
in derived source files.
The citation should list that the code comes from Hugh E.
Williams and David Lane, "Web Database Application with PHP and MySQL"
published by O'Reilly & Associates.
This code is under copyright and cannot be included in any other book,
publication, or educational product without permission from O'Reilly &
No warranty is attached; we cannot take responsibility for errors or fitness
Last modified: Date: 20030611